Home Forums HTBasic Forum HTbasic 10 drivers for LAN and USB interface

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    juanda
    Participant

I have been using many versions of HTbasic over the years for controlling GPIB instruments and I am very happy with the program. The last version which I am using is 10.0.3. I have the Keysight IO library v18 in a windows 10 computer. The system works perfectly for connecting to GPIB instruments with the HPIBS driver. However I am unable to configure the drivers for LAN or USB. I have followed the instructions given in the FAQ without success. I use the SICL addresses obtained from the Keysight Connection Expert (i.e. lan[172.16.3.158]:inst0) and always get an “interface status error” in HTbasic. For USB is even worse since the program closes when I attempt to load the USBS driver. It is not a problem of the instruments or the Keysight library since I can communicate with them using other tools included in the library. Is there any way to fix that? It is very important since recent instruments come without GPIB interface!

nick sokolov
      Participant

Keysight Connection Expert (i.e. lan[172.16.3.158]:inst0)
        lan[172.16.3.158]:inst0 should mirror the E5810B
        normally for Keysight 82357B it uses a gpib0 for USB/GPIB communication.
        It works great with HPIBS SICL driver However E5810B has a problem that I been unable to solve.
        I used lan[172.16.3.158]:gpib0 since Keysight GPIB SICL Interface Name is gpib0.
        Try that … I have since swaped away from HTBasic.
        Regards Nick

nick sokolov
        Participant

Keysight Connection Expert (i.e. lan[172.16.3.158]:inst0)
          lan[172.16.3.158]:inst0 should mirror the E5810B
          normally for Keysight 82357B it uses a gpib0 for USB/GPIB communication.
          It works great with HPIBS SICL driver However E5810B has a problem that I been unable to solve.
          I used lan[172.16.3.158]:gpib0 since Keysight GPIB SICL Interface Name is gpib0.
          Try that … I have since swapped away from HTBasic.
          Regards Nick

Anonymous

I have been involving numerous adaptations of HTbasic throughout the years for controlling GPIB instruments and I am exceptionally content with the program. The last variant which I am utilizing is 10.0.3. I have the Keysight IO library v18 in a windows 10 PC. The framework turns out impeccably for interfacing with GPIB instruments with the HPIBS driver.
            Thanks.
            Website Development Company in Dubai

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top
          HTB icon

Please Sign In