Home Forums HTBasic Forum Problem with HTBasic 10.1

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GuillaumeB
    Participant

Hi,

I use HTBasic 10.1 on Windows 10, but since the installation, my computer randomly and frequently shuts down (with a blue screen) when I close an HTBasic program, running or not.

I tried to run HTBasic as administrator, change the Windows compatibility, reinstall HTBasic but the problem persists.

I checked my computer configuration and it’s way enough to run HTBasic:
    – Windows 10 64x
    – i7-6700 3.4 GHz
    – RAM: 8 Go

For more information about my problem:
    – My program loads the HPIB drivers to communicate with my devices, but even if I only open the program without running it and then close it, it crashes sometimes.
    – I closed my program with every way possible: File->Quit, the “QUIT ALL” command, directly close the window but it doesn’t change anything.
    – It appears that my problem most likely occurs when I’m running a program and I want to close it because of an error in my program or not.
    – When doing the same on a computer with Windows 7, the problem doesn’t occur.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

coreyk
    Participant

We had this problem as well when we upgraded to the new version of windows 10. The problem was resolved by updating our keysight io libraries to the latest version (which updated the gpib drivers on the computer). I noticed we had the issues only on workstations running htbasic with GPIB cards so I was able to narrow down the issue. Let me know if that resolves the issue.

GuillaumeB
    Participant

Hello Coreyk,

Thank you for your reply. I updated the keysight io libraries and it looks like it works correctly now. I don’t have crashes anymore.
    Thank you for your help ! 🙂

GuillaumeB

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.