Home Forums HTBasic Forum System Default Printer

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    drew
    Participant

Is there a way to set PRINTER IS to whatever the PC’s system default printer is?

drew
      Participant

Is anyone still supporting HT Basic?

ZeRider
        Participant

Except this forum, it’s clear that HTBasic is very light on the support side … 🙁

Maybe it’s the same question than drew, does somebody know how to choose the printer by software (without going manually through the Tools / Device Setup interface)?
          Is there something like that is existing ? : CONTROL 10,xxx; “HP Officejet Pro 8500”

Anonymous

I don’t know exactly how to do what you want however here are two methods I use to deal with printers.

Method 1) You can allow the person to select the printer at the beginning of the program using “CONTROL 10,102;1″ This will pop up the windows configure print driver box and allow them to select their printer.

Method 2) I have a startup script that runs on the computers that automatically clears out the saved printer in registry for HTBasic. This way HTBasic will automatically select to use the default windows printer.

The Key I Remove Via a Logon Script is Located at:
            HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Transera Corp.\TranEra – HTBasic\[Version HERE]\Drivers\1” <- Remove the Whole “1” Folder/Key. Just delete it HTBasic will recreate it.

By deleting that key/folder before HTBasic runs and setting up the default printer within windows which can also be done via a startup script HTBasic will automatically use the default windows printer.

I hope this helps. Sorry i am late to the reply but i do not check this forum very often.

Thanks,

Corey

ZeRider
            Participant

Hi Corey,
              I like your method2, I will try immediately …

The top method3) would be to create the complete file of the desired printer in the registry from a sript when launching HTBasic !

drew
              Participant

Method 1 is the simplest to implement, just added 2 lines to AUTOST and make users select the printer they have right up front.
                I like it. Tested and works. I have no familiarity with editing the registry by script and that seems riskier anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Scroll to Top
              HTB icon

Please Sign In