Welcome to HTBasic 2021
HP Style Basic for Test and Measurement
HTBasic 2021 introduces LXI support for instrument control! This new feature auto-discovers attached devices and then remembers your selections.
This release includes a number of other enhancements such as:
- HTBSelectDirectory added to the DLL Toolkit.
- MS .NET Framework now included in the install package so an internet connection is no longer necessary to install.
- BuilderPlus (BPLUS) is now loaded by default as part of the core.
- Updated Documentation.
- And more… including updates to the UI.
HTBasic is still unique with its comprehensive Test and Measurement feature set combining an easy to use Basic syntax with a Visual ScreenBuilder to simplify GUI creation with menu, dialog, and widget controls for building user friendly interfaces and virtual instruments with powerful data input and graphical data presentation elements.
- For PCs running on Windows versions 7 through 11.
- Built-in syntax for controlling LXI and GPIB based instruments and GPIO and data acquisition cards from companies like National Instruments, Keysight, Keithley, Ines…
- A Visual ScreenBuilder that works with BuilderPlus (BPLUS) code extensions using widget controls for: Data Presentation–meters, strip charts, bars, bitmaps, and clocks; Menus–pull-down, cascade, and buttons; Data Input–keypads, pushbuttons, radio buttons, scrollbars, sliders and toggle buttons; and Dialogs–for displaying errors, file names, lists, questions, and warnings.
- COMPLEX, REAL, LONG, and STATIC variable types together with matrix math, and extensive graphic commands provide unparalleled data processing and presentation capabilities.
- Advanced Math Library includes precompiled signal processing functions like FFTs.
- DLL Toolkit allows HTBasic to call Dynamic Link Libraries written in other languages like C/C++.
- Integrated debugger.
- Backwards compatible with legacy HP workstation BASIC (RMB) including the TRANSFER function for GPIB, serial, and file I/O while also supporting modern Windows standards on PCs.
LXI/GPIB Instrument Control
HTBasic controls instruments that support LXI (Lan Extensions for Instruments) over ethernet, or other interface standards like IEEE-488 (GPIB/HPIB). HTBasic is vendor agnostic supporting almost any make of instrument, interface, or Data Acquisition (DAQ) card from suppliers like National Instruments and Ines.
Support of Complex numbers as a data type along with built-in matrix math operations facilitate data analysis. HTBasic handles your data from start to finish by integrating acquisition, analysis, and presentation in one easy-to-use tool that provides both a code editor and a visual designer.
HTBasic also includes an Advanced Math Library with dozens of highly optimized precompiled functions for signal processing, curve fitting, and other higher order mathematical routines like Bessel and FFTs.
Visual Screen Builder
Create custom operator-interfaces, virtual instruments, and graphical data presentations from dozens of built-in widgets and dialogs with the visual ScreenBuilder app and/or the code based BuilderPlus (BPlus) extensions.
Widget controls include XY graphs, strip charts, meters, and bar displays. You can also create Dialog Boxes for user input or to display warnings, error messages and other critical information quickly and easily.
For example, a single strip chart widget can be configured a myriad of different ways as needed with dozens of core and specific attributes. And there are widgets for keypads, pushbuttons, scrollbars, toggle buttons, and more so you can customize screens with operator-interfaces and data presentation.
HTBasic emulates classic features of legacy Hewlett-Packard workstations all in a contemporary Windows user interface with toolbar, status bar, pulldown menus, scroll bars, dialog boxes, and code editor. You can even execute Windows commands from within HTBasic as well as user created DLLs written in C/C++ and called through an integrated DLL loader.