Home Forums HTBasic Forum Fix for Length limit in htbdde.dll data requests?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Linearz
    Participant

I’m using HTB8.3 . There is a bug in the Dderequest function, it returns no more than 260 bytes.

Is there a fix for this that allows larger data transfers?

tsg_sh
      Participant

You could use the “MS Office Interface for HTBasic” software package which greatly simplifies the usage of DDE (e.g. in order to send / receive data rom /to Excel or Word.

Linearz
        Participant

Thanks, and sorry for the delayed reply, I wasn’t notified of it at the time. Is this a 3rd party offering?

Since this question was posted, I’ve exchanged emails with Dan at Transera. His release notes for v 9.0 say that this bug was fixed with that release. I tried the HTBDde dll in ver 9.2 but the bug persists, it is still limited to 256 bytes.

Is anyone using the HTBDDE DLL supplied with ANY version of HTBasic and able to retrieve data blocks larger than 256 bytes with it?

I’m working with an instrument, the only method of data retrieval it provides is via DDE, so I have to find a solution for this.

tsg_sh
          Participant

Yes, this is a 3rd party offering. TransEra is an official distributor of the “MSOI for HTBasic”.

Linearz
            Participant

OK, thanks. I got their DLL and it works fine. Problem solved!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top
            HTB icon

Please Sign In