Home Forums HTBasic Forum WIN-PRINT driver problems in Windows 7

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tsmith
    Participant

Using HTBASIC v9.1 on Windows 7. I’ve found a problem with the WIN-PRINT driver where it reports ERROR 172 Peripheral Error when output is directed to ISC 26. I have used ISC26 in the past to send HPGL2 data to HP printers for graphical hardcopy. This seems to be a problem with compatibility between v9.1 and Windows 7 since everything worked fine under Windows XP in the past.

I’ve also noticed the incompatibility between the v9.1 manuals and the Windows 7 help system.

Has anyone discovered a work around for these issues?

tsmith
      Participant

I should have mentioned that ISC26 is set to use LPT1, and LPT1 is directed to a network printer using the “NET USE” DOS command. Everything works OK in DOS, but not directly from HTBASIC.

ZeRider
        Participant

Perhaps you could try to send directly your DOS command with a synthax like this :
          EXECUTE CHR$(13) & Command$

or other option create a batch file with all your necessary commands inside and execute it with HTBasic
          Command$=”cmd /C start /MIN MyFile.bat”

tsmith
          Participant

@ZeRider

Thanks for your response. I’m not sure if I understand you comment. I’d like to use HTBasic ISC26 to send raw data to the WIN-PRINT driver to output HPGL to a PCL5 printer.

I believe you may be suggesting a workaround where I send the raw data to a text file, then use a DOS command to send the text file to the device that would have been addressed by ISC26. Is that correct?

ZeRider
            Participant

Not exactly.
              Create a text file “MyFile.txt” with the DOS command inside that is working with your system configuration
              Rename the file : “MyFile.bat”
              And execute this batch file with HTBasic

I don’t know if it’s the best solution for you but it’s an idea when you said the DOS command is working.
              It could be also a good solution to add some function to HTBasic.
              For example, find bellow a batch file I use to see the tasklist content (need to have a D partition) :

c:
              cd\
              tasklist /v >”d:\tasklist.txt”
              exit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top
            HTB icon

Please Sign In